Sunday, June 20, 2010

Hair Breakage?

I've recently been having A LOT of hair breakage. At first I thought my hair was starting to thin out, but I noticed a ton of really short wispy hairs at the top of my head. I figure that it must be from sun damage, chlorine damage, and also damage from highlights that I got done a while ago. I was just wondering what I can do to try and keep my hair from ever doing this again? What sort of vitamins should I take? Should I start using a wide-tooth comb? What are some really good hair products I should use? Any suggestions are appreciated!!



Hair Breakage?

If you swim a lot and get chlorine damage, try protecting your hair before you go. Just soaking your hair in non-chlorinated water can help - if your hair is already full of water it can stop it soaking in so much chlorine - or cover it with conditioner or oil (coconut oil or olive oil). This can be a bit gross, though it does help protect your hair! Make sure you rinse out all the chlorine in the shower after.



When you're out in the sun try to keep your hair covered with a bandana or hat. Remeber your scalp can get sunburnt if you don't protect it. If you don't want to do this, treat your hair to an intensive conditioning treatment after a lot of sun exposure - again, coconut oil or olive oil make excellent (and cheap!) conditioning treatments - apply it to your hair overnight, or a few hours before you wash.



Brushing your hair can be the cause of a lot of breakage. Don't use a brush with plastic balls on the ends of the bristles, as they are the worst, apparently. A wide tooth wooden comb is good to prevent both breakage and static - comb your hair out in sections from the bottom up. Be careful when combing wet hair - it's far more prone to breakage then - and *never* brush wet hair.



If you wear your hair up a lot, think about the elastics or clips you use. Metal barrettes and the elastics with metal joins can rub on your hair causing breakage. You can get elastics without the metal bits.



Products such as shampoo and conditioners differ for everyone. What is good for my hair won't necessarily be good for your hair. Try to avoid harsh shampoos. Also, 'repairing' or 'anti-breakage' conditioners cannot actually repair your hair. Instead they coat your hairs with, usually, silicone-related substances. This can help protect your hair, but can also prevent your hair getting the moisture it needs and can leave a build up that makes your hair lank and greasy feeling. If you do buy a conditioner like this, use a clarifying shampoo occasionally to remove this.



Hair Breakage?

Same thing happened to me. Stop doing any of these things if you do them. Stop using any heat, coloring, bleaching, and using a brush.



Start using a wide tooth comb, a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, and i suggest using Redken Anti-snap that is what my stylist at the salon recommended.



Also it would never hurt to start taking vitamins. Good luck to you



Hair Breakage?

well, just take good care of your hair, always, and to let your hair stay away from breakage, maybe you should have a hair trim for that matter. or use conditioner and a good advice is, be consistent in the hair products you're using..



Hair Breakage?

This happened to me also.



Use a deep conditioner.



You can buy them in chemists, pharmacys, drugstores, hair salons etc



Just ask.



They sometimes say "leave in for 15 minutes". But I leave it in for and hour.



My hair is slowly improving.



A wide-tooth comb would be wise

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus scan