Sunday, June 20, 2010

Long Layers [hair stylists PLEASE answer]?

I have been reading up on how to cut your own layers and I have read two different ways to do it.



I know all the steps I would just like someone to clear this one up for me, perferably a hair dresser or someone who has done this before with success.



After you comb your hair and put it in a pony tail on the center/top of your head it says to put your head upside down and cut straight across the bottom or to which ever legnth you prefer. Another says to "twist your hair into a spiral" then cut straight across.



So do I twist my hair before I cut or just comb it straight then cut, and is there a difference between the two?



Long Layers [hair stylists PLEASE answer]?

If you truly want "Long" layers it is NOT a good idea to put your hair in a ponytail on the top of your head and cut "straight" across ... you will most likely end up with shoulder length shaggy. In all honesty I would not advise ponytail cutting as you will end up with short patches in all the wrong places especially if you twist it!! I say this because if you twist the hair you will have the hair not being consistent in where it goes, some hair will not twist around as far as other hair. You could end up with a bunch being longer or shorter than you really want thus creating patches( and that is bad enough when a stylist does it to you!!!)



You can put your hair up in a ponytail and "angle cut" to achieve the longer layers...by angle cut I mean cutting closer to the scalp at the crown( about 3" or a bit longer depending on how long you want the top to be) at the back of your head, then angling out to a tip towards your nose as you extend your arms forward.



To end up with a better "layer cut" you comb your hair from back of your head to front and angle trim from your brow out as you extend your arms.When doing the sides you would bring them from the back forward and up to the brow ( not to the side by the cheeks) Always try to end up at the same point in front of your nose above your forehead.



But then again for the "long layers" you really should not attempt this on your own as your arms reach will limit, I don`t know any stylist that do this to themselves ( that may be for good reason as they too have reverse cut issues, meaning it is tough for them to cut backwards too lol)



Long Layers [hair stylists PLEASE answer]?

I read about that pony tail thing too, I want to do it but I'm scard lol... its worth a try but only cut alittle first to see how it comes out or you can test on a barbie lol



Long Layers [hair stylists PLEASE answer]?

Go to sally beauty and get a mankin to practice on. Try it on a mankin head first, then it it turns out good/right how you want go 4 it. Or get it done professionally



Long Layers [hair stylists PLEASE answer]?

Well, my hairstylist twist my hair and then cut it. (he only grabs a few pieces at a time...he DOESN'T grab the whole hair, twist it, and then cut it...he just picks up a few small pieces.)



*edit



Sorry if i don't make any sense...and the manikin idea is good too.



Long Layers [hair stylists PLEASE answer]?

go spend 15 bucks at fantastic sams....as horrible as those stylists are....they will do a better job than you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus scan