Sunday, November 29, 2009

I'm trying to grow my hair out and it is very damaged - does anyone have any tips on how to &qu

My hair is damaged from a bad color experience over a year ago, and now it is broken off in several places about halfway down the length of my hair, where the old colored meets the new growth (when I put it in a ponytail it looks terrible! I have little ends sticking up EVERYWHERE!). I wouldn't look good with a shaved head and I've been working on growing it out for more than a year, so really don't want to cut much off now that it's finally to my shoulders again. Whenever I wash it in the shower I just want to cry because I lose a small wad of hair everytime (even after I started using a shower comb, which only helped a little). Can anyone help me?! Thank you!



I'm trying to grow my hair out and it is very damaged - does anyone have any tips on how to "save" it?

Get it cut to remove as much of the dead part you can...then treat with deep conditioners. Make sure you get it trimmed every 4-6 weeks, you may not think its growing...but it is......and it will continue to grow and get healthier as long as you get it trimmed. If you just get it cut then dont go back for trimming, then the ends will keep breaking off.



I'm trying to grow my hair out and it is very damaged - does anyone have any tips on how to "save" it?

You can try some leave in conditioner that has healthy nurtients in it.. i believe that Pantene Pro-V has some... good luck



I'm trying to grow my hair out and it is very damaged - does anyone have any tips on how to "save" it?

take better care of your hair



I'm trying to grow my hair out and it is very damaged - does anyone have any tips on how to "save" it?

you must cut off that dead stuff first and then start over...it sounds like you mite have damaged your scalp when you had the color mess up...so just bite the bullet and cut it as short as you need to and start growing the healthy stuff in again...and remember everyone loses 100 hairs a day or more, so you are probably thinking you lose more, but it is probably no more than anyone else...good luck..



I'm trying to grow my hair out and it is very damaged - does anyone have any tips on how to "save" it?

Unfortunately, you're going to continue to have problems with your hair until the damaged hair is gone. The best thing you can do it go ahead and get the damaged hair cut off. Know you don't want to, but it's the best way to help the healthy hair. Also try not washing your hair every day if you can, this will give the natural oils time to "build up" on the healthy hair and keep it from being so brittle and split. Take some vitamins with Vitamin C and calcium to help strengthen the healthy hair.



I'm trying to grow my hair out and it is very damaged - does anyone have any tips on how to "save" it?

I use Nexxus products they are the best for that and taking prenatal vitamins. Works wonders and your hair will grow super fast and be healthy again



I'm trying to grow my hair out and it is very damaged - does anyone have any tips on how to "save" it?

The samething happened to me like 3yrs ago. One of my best friends is a cosmetologist and she told me to let my hair stay dirty. Only wash it like 3 to 4 days because dirty hair grows faster. It may sound gross but it works my hair grew really fast and when it got right below my shoulders I would cut it above my shoulders. When your desperate to fix your hair you will try anything. Then when you start seeing results try a leave in conditioner. Also, try taking vitamin E it helps the hair to grow.



I'm trying to grow my hair out and it is very damaged - does anyone have any tips on how to "save" it?

get a good shampoo, and do a deep conditioning treatment at least 2 times a week. I like redken "all soft" products. I have the same problem. The dead ends aren't going to change into healthy hair. It will have to be cut off. And your hair will grow faster if you cut it off. It is like pruning a plant. You take the dead stuff off so that the pant can grow better. The end, unhealthy hair is taking away all of the growth potential. If you can justify cutting it all of now, just cut half how and half later, and get routine trims so the dead stuff doesn't build up.



I'm trying to grow my hair out and it is very damaged - does anyone have any tips on how to "save" it?

First of all, do not comb or brush your hair ever when its wet. Do not use a blow dryer when hair is already damaged. you may concider cutting it in long layers. and use the pantene pro-v.



I'm trying to grow my hair out and it is very damaged - does anyone have any tips on how to "save" it?

What a mess you are!



Listen, first you have to accept that some money, not alot, will need to be spent. (ie; Don't use Suave or Flex shampoos.)



1) Go buy Pantene Shampoo %26amp; Conditioner for colored hair.



2) Get in the shower, and wash your hands, face, then shampoo your hair - in that order!



3) Next put conditoner on your hair and leave it. BTW: massage when you wash your hair ; be nice to the follicles!



4) Now wash the rest of your body. The LAST thing you do is to rinse that conditioner out of your hair before gettign out of tub.



5)Once a week, do one of those deep conditoning treatments with Pantene or the like. This will involve putting a special conditioner on the hair and leaving it on for a period of time. Key tip: Stick a towel in the dryer for 5 minutes on high, take out and wrap your conditioned hair in it. Steams it right in!



Do not use a blow dryer EVER.



Take Keratin vitamins and/or drink that non flavored gelatin (Knox) in a glass of hot water...like tea every day for a month.



I'm trying to grow my hair out and it is very damaged - does anyone have any tips on how to "save" it?

you lose about a 100 hairs a day...sometimes it is just more noticeable than others.....beer and lipton tea are both excellent hair moisturizers....



I'm trying to grow my hair out and it is very damaged - does anyone have any tips on how to "save" it?

My hair has been through that too!! First trim the ends...just trim. Next no more blowdrying or curling irons or anything heat related. Give your hair a week or two of that. Also dont wash it every day. Let those oils soak in. It will help replenish those crazy damaged sections. If the color is bothering you they have those mousse hair dyes now that last a little while that might help with covering up your mess until it heals itself. But really just try to leave it alone. 2 years ago you wouldnt even imagine my hair in the shape it is in today. I just cut back on all the dying and blowdrying and straightening to a minimum. It works. But it will take time.



I'm trying to grow my hair out and it is very damaged - does anyone have any tips on how to "save" it?

my hairstylist recommended bumble and bumble "deeep", a really rich conditioner made out of proteins. It helps a lot, and i use it about once a week. Also, it may sound weird, but hair cholesterol really works too. Hot oil treatments will also help. Oh, and try not to use heat styling too often, too.



I'm trying to grow my hair out and it is very damaged - does anyone have any tips on how to "save" it?

There is no easy remedy for this problem. If you do not cut your hair to the healthy hair it will continue to split and break. Reason being once the hair strand has been split, that split will continue to travel that single hair until cut off. Get a nice cute short cut, doesn't sound like you will have to be scalped as your hair is long now. Condition with Joico-K pack ,as it will return the lost protein back tou your hair. You can still blow dry, but do it on a low/cool setting on your blow dryer. Deep condition with this product at least once a week-5-10 minutes.Once your hair has been damaged this badley you need time, patience and a little money to bring it back. DO NOT SKIMP by using cheap product for repairs, believe me a little money invested now will help in ther long run. Good luck!



I'm trying to grow my hair out and it is very damaged - does anyone have any tips on how to "save" it?

Use Cholesterol Hair conditioning cream. You can purchase it at Wal-Mart or a drug store. Also there is a placenta hair treatment that you can get at Wal-Mart (It is made of animal after birth)sounds kind of gross but it does work wonders and it smells really good and makes your hair feel soft after the treatment. Use both of those products each once a week and in a couple of weeks you will notice a big difference. Also try using Aussie Dual Personality (Root Cleanser+Tip Mender) Shampoo and Conditioner. Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus scan