Friday, November 27, 2009

Hair Straighteners / Flat Irons Confusion - PLEASE HELP?!?

Can anyone please help me with my confusion. I have had my straightener now for nearly 8 years and thinking it time to upgrade. I have had a muster which how been wonderful for my thick curly hair. I have down a little research but has just got me more confused...i would like to know a couple of things



1. The difference between a hair straightener and a flat iron



2. The difference between Ceramic, Tourmaline and Sapphire plates on the product.



3. I am wanting a straightener with combs - i have had a friend with the GHD straightener and it just doesn't work for me unless i blowdry my hair straight first which to me defeats the purpose, i think thats why i love my muster so much as i can straighten my hair without blowdrying straight and get a almost perfect result (its geting old and my hair seems to be frizzy at the ends now a days)



So if anyone can help with these issues and even suggest a good product for me, it would be much appreciated.



Thanks in advance



Hayley



Hair Straighteners / Flat Irons Confusion - PLEASE HELP?!?

A hair straightener and a flat iron are the same thing. A flat iron is just another name for a straightener. Ceramic plates are less damaging because they are porous. That means that excess heat doesn't fry your hair. They also provide more consistent heat throughout the process. Tourmaline plates reduce static and damage to hair, creating perfectly smoothed, shiny looking hair. They have a soft rubbery finnish to them which can be a problem because it causes breakage. Sapphire plates are similar to regular gold plated ones. In my opinion they take to long to heat up and you have to go over the area too many times and even then it leaves your hair frizzed. As for recommeding a good iron, I feel that the Farouk Chi works they best but unfortunately it doesn't come with an attached comb. A friend of mine has a Helen of Troy with an attached comb that I would recommend. The times that i've used it I've my hair has came out great. I don't know how much you would like to spend but if you want a good iron, rather than buy a bunch of cheap ones that don't work, you should just invest in an expensive one that will do the job. Good luck!



Hair Straighteners / Flat Irons Confusion - PLEASE HELP?!?

just by chi or corioliss straightners!!!



Hair Straighteners / Flat Irons Confusion - PLEASE HELP?!?

I don't know but when it comes to the plates ceramic is best.



Hair Straighteners / Flat Irons Confusion - PLEASE HELP?!?

The best ceramic straighteners (called flat irons) are the ones that come with a little hearth to heat them in, they are electric and you can get one at a beauty supply shop like Sally's. Or, you can buy a metal pressing comb, nicknamed a hot comb. That has a plug-in cord in the handle, they get pretty hot, but it takes a while to finish pressing your whole head of hair with one, since hair is naturally cold and cools the comb as you work. OK?



Hair Straighteners / Flat Irons Confusion - PLEASE HELP?!?

I got my hair straightener at Sally Beauty Supply. Its a ceramic plated one. No, there is no difference between a flat iron and a straightener, just diff names for the same thing. I dont recommend flat ironing without blowdrying if you have curly hair because itll make the ends break off. Make sure not to keep the heat set too high, I had so many split ends when I started using mine so use a very good conditioner. Many times the combs on straighteners rip your hair because it gets tangled around the combs when you pull it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus scan