Sunday, November 29, 2009

When i brush my hair all the pretty curls come out and my hair is too thick to use a comb!?

whenever i use my brush in the morning my hair is frizzy and has some nice curls. i know i have to brush my hair , but when i do all the curls come out and then my whole head is a big ball of frizz. HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!



When i brush my hair all the pretty curls come out and my hair is too thick to use a comb!?

Use your fingers through your hair instead of a brush when it is dry. I sometimes add some water when I do that to help with the frizzz. Also, get some hair shine to help with the friz... try different kinds out to see which one you like.



When i brush my hair all the pretty curls come out and my hair is too thick to use a comb!?

Same problem here. When you shower don't use shampoo as often and only use conditioner. While you have it in your hair use your fingers as a brush, and don't use brushes anymore.



When i brush my hair all the pretty curls come out and my hair is too thick to use a comb!?

Use a large pick comb with just a touch of moisture to keep static down.



When i brush my hair all the pretty curls come out and my hair is too thick to use a comb!?

COMB IT WHILE IT IS WET!



USE THE FINGERCOMBING METHOD



When i brush my hair all the pretty curls come out and my hair is too thick to use a comb!?

What I do. My hair is not curly but it does get frizzy and tangles easy. Anyway what I do is wash then condition with lots of conditioner. When I rinse my hair I turn my head upside down and rinse like that in the shower. I make that the last thing I do. I squeeze the water out still upside down then wrap it in a towel and throw it over my head for a bit. When I take my towel off. I keep my head upside down and use a pick and blow dry upside down with no no no no brushing at all. Just a pick..



Good Luck



You may get a leave in conditioner. You can get them in a spray bottle that helps frizzing...



When i brush my hair all the pretty curls come out and my hair is too thick to use a comb!?

In my experiance as a hairstylist, I usually recommend that people with overtly curly hair wet it in the morning and use a serum to control frizz or flyaways. Then leave it alone. Let it dry, and be done with it. You don't have to wash your hair everyday, just wet it and set it. Shampoo every other day, or every third day(depending on your scalp). Wetting it in the a.m. doesn't take a whole lot of time to freshen up the curl for the day, but DO put SOMETHING in it to set the curl. Then LEAVE IT ALONE. Brushing it causes it to look frizzy.



If it is TOO curly for you, look into having someone restructure your curl with a perm! Sounds crazy, but nappy curls can be relaxed with a perm using a larger rod than your natural curl pattern!



When i brush my hair all the pretty curls come out and my hair is too thick to use a comb!?

Try showering in the morning. Brush your hair before you take a shower and IN the shower after you wash your hair.



When i brush my hair all the pretty curls come out and my hair is too thick to use a comb!?

i suggest you go to your local hairdresser and ask for a cream or shampoo that will first stop the frizz. then you could ask them how to keep the curls in. you could use fructis anti frizz serum and use it with one of the new sunsilk hair shampoo and conditioners. also i suggest you use an afro comb. works really good, so your hair still looks brushed but it will keep in the curls.



When i brush my hair all the pretty curls come out and my hair is too thick to use a comb!?

After you brush your hair, mist it w/water then use mousse and or gels w/ a little of biosilk or something like it and scrunch your hair. let it dry nat. DO NOT touch it after that.



15 yr styist



When i brush my hair all the pretty curls come out and my hair is too thick to use a comb!?

use any type of hair silicone-eg. semi di lino shine gloss or Biosilk silk therapy, then detangle with fingers



When i brush my hair all the pretty curls come out and my hair is too thick to use a comb!?

i honestly only brush my hair before i get in the shower (which is at night). the outside world hasn't seen my hair brushed in years. what i do is after i shower at night, i tie my hair up, then go to bed and take it out in the morning, and i use my fingers to adjust it. then it isn't tangled because it was tied in one place all night, but it isnt flattened out and frizzy because of brushing it.



When i brush my hair all the pretty curls come out and my hair is too thick to use a comb!?

Though there are many causes of of frizz, it occurs when the hair's cuticle (it's outermost level) becomes "roughed up". Normally, the hair's cuticle is smooth. A smooth cuticle will appear shiny and leave hair tangle-free. When the cuticle layers are roughed up, the strand becomes dull, prone to tangles, and creates the dreaded condition known as frizz.



Frizz can be prevented simply by using the proper shampoos and conditioners. Most hair problems can be remedied by switching to the right products. Shampoos work by opening up the cuticle layers, releasing dirt and residue caused by pollution, and build-up caused by styling products. For the cuticle to be opened, a product must have a basic pH (by basic, I'm referring to the opposite of acidic. If it's not an acid, it's a base. You remember that from science class, don't you? Of course you do...). Conditioners work by re-sealing the cuticle, and should have an acidic pH. Many store-bought products have a pH that is too harsh for many hair types. If you must use store-bought, look for shampoos that claim to be "hydrating", these products will help hair maintain a healthy moisture balance. Try to avoid over-shampooing, as this will contribute to making hair dry and over-stressed. By shampooing every other day, and using a good, professional conditioner as needed, you'll be on your way to shiny, healthy, beautiful hair.



Humidity is also prone to make hair do strange things. Your hair is very sensitive to moisture. You may have noticed how youre hair appears frizzy on humid days. This is because your hair (which is dry and in need of moisture), becomes "thirsty", and it will try to absorb the water molecules in the air.



Another way to avoid frizzy hair is to let your hair air-dry as much as possible. Heat damage is a major cause of frizz. Never, ever, blow the hair completely dry, and when it comees to choosing a blow dryer, more power does not equal better results. 1600 watts is plenty! In the salon, we use the blow-dryer to remove about 90% of the moisture, leaving the ends (which are sensitive) slightly damp. On hair that is likely to frizz, I recommend using a large-barrel curling iron or straightening iron to smooth out the hair. By smoothing hair that is slightly damp with a large iron, it becomes similar to the way an iron removes wrinkles from clothing.



Whether you air dry, blow-dry, or curl your hair, the benefits of using a smoothing serum can never be overstated. There are many products out there to smooth frizz, and they come in many forms, such as liquids, gels, waxes, pomades, and creams. Smoothing serums, which look like clear, syrupy drops, usually contain silicone, which smoothes the cuticle and gives tremendous shine. The downside is that using too much product at a time can make hair look and feel greasy. A few drops will be enough for even the longest, thickest hair. I prefer products in a gel form, since most people have a good idea on how much product to use. My favorite is a product by Graham Webb called Stick Straight. It was developed to temporarily remove curl from the hair, but I find it works wonders on long straight hair, men's hair, and ethnic hair types. I apply a small amount to damp hair, then blow it dry. After curling, I emulsify a small amount of dressing wax by vigorously rubbing it in the palm of my hands. Then i smooth down any fly-aways or frizz. Instead of wax, you can use a grooming cream or liquid smoothing serum. My preference for a wax is a pomade called Hair Play by KMS. Another good wax is Back-to-Basic's Green Tea Dressing Wax. For those of you who prefer drops, try Glass by Redken. By smoothing the hair in the fashion I have just described, you can attain that stick straight sleek look, as worn by celebrities such as Jennifer Aniston, Selma Hayek, and Cher.



For those people blessed with curls, apply a frizz-control gel evenly through damp hair and leave air-dry or blow-dry with a diffuser attachment. A good gel to use is Control Freak by TIGI. It also has a great smell to it, as most of their products do.



Keep in mind that hair should be trimmed every six to eight weeks to remove dead ends. While split ends, technically known as trichoptilosis, differ from frizz, they can also make otherwise nice hair appear fuzzy, dull, and lifeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus scan