Sunday, November 29, 2009

Help?! Straightening out my African-American kinky hair?

Hi,



I want to straighten out my hair. I once tried hot-combing it..it got straight for a while, but as the hours went by, my hair started to get puffier and puffier back to its original state due to my sweat and the heat outside. I want to know what can I do to straighten out my hair for at least days and make it stay straightened without using chemicals? Thanks =]



Help?! Straightening out my African-American kinky hair?

DO NOT USE HAIRSPRAY



you need 5 things:



1.) a good moisturizing shampoo/conditioner



2.) a ceramic flat iron



3.) straightening balm( i use motions sheen spray tho)



4.) a glossy spray



5.) silk scarf



wash and dry hair.put some leave in conditioner in your wet hair.let dry,or blow dry.then put some of the balm on the hair and flat iron it.Then finish with some of the glossy spray and it'll be shiny and soft.



Help?! Straightening out my African-American kinky hair?

put lots of anti frizz stuff and hair spray in your hair



Help?! Straightening out my African-American kinky hair?

I hate to break it to you honey....but that is not going to happen. Black hair is curly because of the strong sulfur bonds in the proteins that it is made of. Heat straightening temporarily weakens those bonds, but water/humidity can get it back to its original state. CHemicals actually break the bonds permanently, exposing the hair to all sorts of damage, but creating a permanently straightened look.



What you could do is get your hair heat straightened at a Dominican salon which a high heat blow-dryer or hot comb...and be careful to stay dry during the day and be prepared to touch-up often on your own



Help?! Straightening out my African-American kinky hair?

hey one of my daughters is 1/2 black and her hair was like yours. I used this stuff by John Friedman called: Xtream it straightins with heat when u blow dry it or use a flat iron it works so good and last. just dont get your hair wet cause it will be puffy again :) try it i hope it works for you.



Help?! Straightening out my African-American kinky hair?

Honestly, I can't think of anything that isn't semi permanent, other than a relaxer.



However, I have had some luck with the MATRIX brand Sleek.look Styling serum. It's in an orange spray bottle. Mizani and a couple of other brands like it may have some things you might like. And, I think just about anyone will tell you to look at cuticle sealing serums, if you are going to use heat to straighten your hair. Depending on where you live, you might want to check out Miss Jessie's products. But I like My Honey Child. Just type in the name Miss Jessie's into your search browser. You might like what you see and you may not.



I wear my hair natural, but when I do straighten it, I use a good flat iron, roll my hair with a moisturizer on the ends, and put natural oil (like lavendar or olive oil) on my scalp. That works for me, but you should try some diffrent things out.



Help?! Straightening out my African-American kinky hair?

my hair is the same way...i use isoplus pressing oil when i use the straightening comb, it keeps my hair straight for two weeks until i decide to wash it, without puffing...all i do is straighten it then wrap it at night

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus scan